• Name of blog and link: Teach It Today! http://teachittoday.blogspot.com
• Why did you start blogging? This winter I discovered Pinterest, teaching blogs, TpT, and Teachers Notebook. I had been feeling burnt out on teaching due to budget cuts and the demands that were being placed on teachers. After discovering all of these resources, I became hooked and decided that I would like to try it myself. I found Pamela at The Posh Box and had her design my blog to look just as I envisioned it and the rest is history!
• Tell us a little about your teaching background. I have taught first through third grades for fourteen years in three different districts. I am lucky to have worked at great schools with wonderful people around me each day. My current school is year round so we will start July 25th, but we get our first three-week break in September/October. It's a great schedule! This year we will become a charter school due to enrollment issues, which will be a new adventure for me.
• What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? I love all kinds of music! I grew up listening to bagpipes (my dad was a piper), my mom's favorite 50's/60's music, and all of the Top 40 stuff. Now I still listen to Top 40, but now and then I find the old stations on Sirius radio and rock out to Oldies But Goodies music. It's so wholesome and fun!
• What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Well, I think blogging has helped me to get through the hardest year of my life. I was extremely stressed out at work and began to develop anxiety because of it. Starting my own blog and teacher stores helped me change my perspective on my profession and rejuvenated my career.
• What’s your favorite TV show? I mostly watch NetFlix with my husband, but we love the Downtown Abbey series right now. It was on TV and we are waiting for the second season to come out so we can see what happens next.
• Are you a Times New Roman or DJ Inkers kind of girl and why? DJ Inkers for sure! I love cute fonts and graphics, creating lessons, and decorating my classroom.
• Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake? Yikes! I just had my 39th birthday and from now on will only celebrate its anniversary.
• What was the last book you read? I just read Half Broke Horses, which is about a very strong-willed woman who was completely adventurous. I also finished The Daily 5 and will be implementing it in my classroom this year.
• What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I hate cleaning the bathroom shower. It's a nice space, but miserable to clean.
Feature Teacher: Kate from Freshandfunfirstgrade.blogspot.com1. Blog button
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I felt bad that all I did was blog stalk others and never contributed! There are so many amazing blogs out there that had helped me a lot this past year. I felt like I had some ideas that maybe others would like and could use. I guess I'm kinda paying it forward.
3. Tell us a little about your teaching background.
I graduated from college in 2004 and got a job as a second grade teacher at a catholic school 2 days before school started. I don't know how I ever made that work but I did. The next year I taught kindergarten which was a dream but them my school closed/merged with 2 other schools to make a regional catholic school. The only position they had there was in first. I hated the idea of going but took the job anyway. It was heaven! I feel like I was a perfect match for first which is why even when I left and went to a brand new charter school, I was excited they had a spot for me in first. I've been in first for 6 years and its where I'll be next year too.
Feels like home!
4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
Of my life?! Wow, that's tough. I'll give you five:
1. All You Need Is Love by the Beatles. Sums up me and my bf.
2. Hakuna Matata from the Lion King. Sometimes you just can't worry about things.
3. Kokomo by the Beach Boys. I kinda have a little wanderlust and need to travel. Oh and who doesn't love a tropical drink.
4. Friends theme song. I have some amazing friends who are always there for me.
5. Miley Mouse Club March. I'm kinda obsessed with all thins Disney.
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
I think the hardest thing I've ever dealt with was my parents divorce. I had to recognize that no matter how much I fought it, it was happening and that it wasn't about me. But it really worked out because they have both gotten remarried to some wonderful people.
6. What’s your favorite TV show?
My can’t miss show is Glee! I also love reality completions like the Amazing Race and Next Food Network Star.
7. Are you a Times New Roman or DJ Inkers kind of girl and why?
Ummm neither. I like using dafonts and Kevin and Amanda. Life is too short to use plain fonts!
8. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake?
It was a tough one for me since it was a big one....30.
9. What was the last book you read?
I just finished reading the Fifty Shades Trilogy. It was alright but was kinda hyped up. Next up, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter!
10. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
All Of them!!! Ok but really I hate doing any kind of yard clean up. Mowing the lawn or chopping down trees, I'm not a fan. I get all scratchy ad itchy and I always get bit my bugs. It's just not for me.
Now show these ladies some bloggy love and head over to their blogs!