Today, we are meeting Keri from
1. Name of blog and link:
First Grade Crusade http://firstgradecrusade.blogspot.com
2. Why did you start blogging? Well~ I was a blog stalker for so long that I decided to stop being creepy and create my own blog! It has only been a couple months and I am still slowly figuring things out! It is definitely a work in progress! Also, I spent so much extra time at work creating extra projects, games, crafts, etc. that I decided to share my ideas out in blogland!
3. Tell us a little about your teaching background. I finished up my Elementary Education degree at
Arizona State University and then my hubs and I promptly moved to ! The hubs ~luckily~ was given a scholarship to Texas Tech and I started teaching third and then fourth grade. I rarely saw my hubby so I figured I would go to graduate school too! I went to Texas and received my Masters in Special Education. After we both finished up grad school we moved to the greatest city in Lubbock Christian University Texas ~ ! I taught fourth grade for four years and this is my second year in first grade. First grade is my absolute fave so far! Austin
4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
Oh wow! What isn’t? I have very eclectic tastes! To name a few…
Where the Green Grass Grows – Tim McGraw (I’m a country girl at heart)
Dynamite – Taio Cruz (because let’s be honest ~ who doesn’t want to wave their hands up in the air sometimes and say Ay – O?)
The Prayer – Charlotte Church and Josh Groban (for my spiritual side)
The Scientist – Coldplay (for when I’m feeling moody)
Bring Him Home – Les Miserables soundtrack (sometimes you just want to sing along with a Broadway tune at the top of your lungs)
Short skirt/Long Jacket – Cake (for my quirky side)
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Put the hubs through Law School was pretty dang hard but nothing compares to the 8 year struggle I’ve had with infertility.
6. What’s your favorite TV show? I love me some comedy! 30 Rock – Modern Family – The Middle – Grimm (so creeptastic!) and Person of Interest
7. Are you a Times New Roman or DJ Inkers kind of girl and why? DJ Inkers for sure but it has to be a kid-friendly font! I feel like there are many “cute” fonts out there that are difficult for the kids to read!
8. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake? 34!
9. What was the last book you read? I would love to say Winston Churchill’s History of the English Speaking Peoples but I love to read pure escapism like a good Lisa Jackson or Iris Johansen.
10. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Do I have to pick one? I’m actually a pretty tidy person ~ I just don’t like the down and dirty jobs like scrubbing the toilet or tub! Bleh!
If you would like to be featured, email me at email@example.com!