If you are joining me for the first time, I feature new bloggers every Tuesday. If you would like to be featured, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our first blogger is Kimberly, from Live, Laugh, I Love Kindergarten
1. Name of blog and link:
2. Why did you start blogging?
My co-worker got into it about two months before I did. She has been a lifesaver when it comes to showing me how to do everything! Plus, I LOVE the idea of sharing what my class does with other teachers because you can create so many great connections and discover so many new things being a blogger! My favorite saying is, Live, Laugh, Love and it was just fitting because I really do LOVE kindergarten!
3. Tell us a little about your teaching background.
I taught 4 year old kindergarten in WI. I moved to MN and have been teaching kindergarten here going on my second year! J
4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
Currently, Christmas anything but I would listen to Christmas any time of the year because it is my favorite holiday!
I just got married, so “Marry Me” and “Wanted”
“California Girls” and “Firework”-I always need a little upbeat Katy Perry in my life
“Girls Just Want to Have Fun”- obviously we do!
Of course there are more, but just like life it is always changing! J
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
This is going to sound silly but last summer I did the Warrior Dash. The description of this race is “3 hellish miles”. Seriously, it was just that! The course was on ski hills and we would run up the ski hills, dive through mud, climb over the tallest wooden climbers, and jump over fire (yes, FIRE)! I still can’t believe I did it AND finished! I love to work out but ugh this was the hardest thing I have done physically and mentally!
6. What’s your favorite TV show?
Do I have to pick one? I LOVE crime shows- CSI, Law and Order, Criminal Minds but my guilty pleasures are Abby Lee Dance shows and Pretty Little Liars
7. Are you a Times New Roman or DJ Inkers kind of girl and why?
DJ Inkers- I’m a kindergarten teacher!
8. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake?
9. What was the last book you read?
Totally an old book but hadn't read it yet- House Rules by Jodi
10. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Ooo tough one! I would say the dishes! I know, I know, all you have to do is put them in the dishwasher and push start but ugh I wish they would put themselves away when they are clean!
Our next new blogger is Karen from Little Second Grade Somebodies
1. Name of blog and link: Little Second-GradeSomebodies
2. Why did you start blogging? I enjoy writing, and I love sharing my crazy teacher stories (we all have them!). I also wanted to bring some attention to my TpT store.
3. Tell us a little about your teaching background. I started teaching in 1993 when I entered an Alternative Certification program with the Dallas ISD. With the exception of two years spent teaching in the local rural community I live in, I have always taught in Dallas. I live in the country, but I love the urban school districts. My district is something like the 12th largest district in the nation. I spent the majority of my years teaching 4th, 5th, or 6th grades. Last year I was moved to 2nd grade, and I was not a happy camper. The first time I experienced a little one throw himself on the ground sobbing dramatically (because I had confiscated his toy) was quite a shock to the system. But this year is much better, and I actually am really enjoying second grade.
4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? I don’t know about individual songs, but I can tell you I am a huge classic rock fan. My elementary and middle school years were during the seventies, and my older sister and brother were right there in the tail end of the “hippie” years. I listened to what they listened to. Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Boston, Yes, Bob Seger. I love Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and the Allman Brothers Band. I’ve never really thought about it until new, but my siblings were pretty influential in my life. My sister took me to my first concert in Saarbrucken, Germany to see…QUEEN! Freddie Mercury was awesome. When my brother passed away two years ago, we played Boston’s “More than a Feeling” at his memorial service.
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? Parenting! Right now I’m dealing with two teenagers. Once one phases passes another one comes along. My daughter will be off to college in two years and she wants to go away to school, and while I want her to be able to have those experiences, I still feel sad at the thought of her going away. My son likes the outdoors a lot, and he says he wants to be a Green Beret and then a Doomsday Prepper. I’m ok with the Green Beret part, but Doomsday Prepper…o.m.g.(hopefully this too is a phase!).
6. What’s your favorite TV show? I don’t really watch TV much, but I do like historic costume dramas on PBS. My current show is Downton Abbey.
7. Are you a Times New Roman or DJ Inkers kind of girl and why? Well, since I’ve started created teaching activities to sell, I’m definitely a DJ Inkers girl, or Kevin and Amanda girl, or the kind of girl that loves free, cute, commercial use ok fonts.
8. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake? 47
9. What was the last book you read? Die Upon a Kiss by Barbara Hambly. I just started reading World Without End by Ken Follett.
10. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I have two: grocery shopping and working livestock (worming, vaccinating, feeding).
I hope 2013 is Your best year yet!