Our first blogger is Breanna from Ms. Third Grade
1. 1. Name of blog and link:
2. 2. Tell us about your blog and why you started it.
My name is Breanne Marsh and I'm in my sixth year teaching 3rd grade. I got my Master’s degree in technology and love incorporating technology in any aspect of my teaching. Another thing I love...making worksheets! I know it sounds crazy, but it is a great creative outlet where I can differentiate activities specifically for my students.
Last year I started selling my worksheets on Teachers Pay Teachers. It was so exciting whenever someone was interested in something that I made. I became addicted to it :) So here I am now, starting my blog.
3. 3. Tell us a little about your teaching background.
I am in my sixth year of teaching third grade. I have been in the same classroom, grade, and school since I started teaching. I come from a background of teachers and truly love each and every day with my little ones.
4. 4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
· Diamonds- by Rihanna (Always shine bright like a diamond)
· Work Hard Play Hard- by Wiz Khalifa (You always need an equal balance between work and your social life)
5. 5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
The hardest thing I have ever done is watching my grandmother lose her battle with cancer. She was the reason I became a teacher and honestly my biggest role model. I miss her and think about her every day.
6. 6. What’s your favorite TV show?
I am addicted to reality TV. Some of my favorites are Teen Mom, Real Housewives, The Bachelor, Dance Moms
7. 7. Are you a Times New Roman or DJ Inkers kind of girl and why?
TOTALLY a DJ inkers kind of girl. Everyone at my school knows me for my fonts. I love creating activities and worksheets that are appealing to my students (and fun for me). My favorite fonts are smiley monster, appleberry, Janda safe and sound, and wish I were taller.
8. 8. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake?
9. 9. What was the last book you read?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
10. 10. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Matching socks from laundry. I live by myself but somehow a sock is always missing.
11. 11. Give us some links- Twitter, Pinterest, Teacher’s Pay Teachers, Facebook, a free teaching item etc.
Teacher’s Notebook- http://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/bmarsh930
Free teaching item- This 11 page resource has 20 different journal topics to go along with any story. This would be great for a center, small groups, or seat work for early finishers. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Journal-Topics-for-any-Story
Our second blogger is Lori from The Kindergarten Pod
1. Name of blog and link:
2. Tell us about your blog and why you started it. First, I started this blog because I truly loved reading everyone else’s. I could totally relate to the things going on in other classrooms across the country. I wanted to share my own ideas and experiences with others. Second, I wanted to provide a place where new teachers could come and get ideas on things for their classrooms. I remember when I started I felt like I
didn’t have a clue what to do or how to set things up. I hope that someone, somewhere can get a practical, useful idea from my blog.
3. Tell us a little about your teaching background.
This is my third year in Kindergarten. I formerly taught 1st grade. I love the little kiddies but I would also like to teach 2nd / 3rd. I wouldn’t even know what it’s like to teach kids who know how to tie their own shoes J I truly believe in educating the whole child. Children in Kindergarten are learning as much socially as they are academically, and both skills are crucial to their development. I also believe that learning must be FUN at this age. I try to make a game out of everything I teach.
4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
Manic Monday (self-explanatory), Ramble On because you just have to keep on moving, The Gift because I am the happiest I’ve ever been in my life, I’ll Be Loving You because I just got engaged, and You’ll Be In My Heart because my own children are growing up and I want them to know I will always be here, no matter what.
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
I would have to say the hardest thing I’ve ever done is putting my life back together after my ex left. It was a horrendous time but it also led me to such a better place so I wouldn’t trade that time for anything. It really taught me how to be independent and to learn what really made me happy.
6. What’s your favorite TV show?
The Big Bang Theory & The Voice
7. Are you a Times New Roman or DJ Inkers kind of girl/guy and why?
Definitely DJ Inkers because anything I am writing should be fun to look at!
8. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake?
The BIG 4-0!!!
9. What was the last book you read?
What Great Teachers Do Differently
10. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Cleaning the bathroom and folding laundry, oh….and food shopping!
11. Give us some links- Twitter, Pinterest, Teacher’s Pay Teachers, Facebook, a free teaching item etc.
Freebie: Word Hunt
This is a cute little activity to add to your Library or Literacy Center. It helps students isolate and notice sight words within text.
Thanks for stopping by!