Our first blogger is Stacey from
- Name of blog and link: Riedmiller’s Room
- Tell us about your blog and why you started it. My blog is very new! I started it to help get myself involved with the online community of teachers. I have had a teachers pay teachers store for about a year now and I started following a lot of great teaching blogs. I wanted to get out there and share my ideas and teaching experiences, just like everyone else. I talk mostly about language arts things, my other endeavors and fun stuff about teaching.
- Tell us a little about your teaching background. I graduated from college in 2010 with a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education. I spent an entire year as a substitute teacher, eventually doing a long-term sub placement for the teacher whose job I have now :) The year after that I was a full-time teacher’s aide for a student with special needs. This is my first official year as a full-time teacher and I love it.
- What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? This is a tough question! I love country music and I know some people don’t think that’s cool. I grew up listening to everything from classic rock to hip hop. My soundtrack would have some Johnny Cash, TLC, Janet Jackson, New Found Glory, Loretta Lynn, and right now a lot of modern country: Jason Aldean “Dirt Road Anthem” Miranda Lambert “Mama’s Broken Heart” Little Big Town’s “Tornado,” and anything by Luke Bryan or Eric Church ;) It’s so hard to choose when there are so many songs I love!
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done? The hardest thing I continue to do is be a mom. I LOVE being a mom, we have a daughter who is almost four and plan to have at least one more child, soon, actually. Being a mom is hard, no one tells you just how hard it is to have a piece of your heart out running around and away from you. Our daughter started preschool this year, she goes to the school where I teach, and everyday I am still so worried about her. I know once she gets older it will be harder to let her go out and do things. I think I’m just one of those crazy overprotective helicopter moms!
- What’s your favorite TV show? That would be a toss up between The Walking Dead and Duck Dynasty. I love TWD and my husband and I have become these super obsessed people with the show. It has a total cult following and I love the storyline. It. is. so. good. It doesn’t even matter if you don’t like the idea of horror or zombies. Duck Dynasty is where it’s at! Jack! We love listening to Uncle Si’s stories and seeing what all the cute bearded boys are getting in to!
- Are you a Times New Roman or DJ Inkers kind of girl/guy and why? Can I say Lettering Delights or Kimberly Geswein?! :) I am definitely more of a cute font kind of girl... to an extent. Sometimes when I buy stuff on TpT my kids can’t read the font and that’s where I draw the line on cute. I do sure love me some good fonts and clipart, though.
- Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake? Twenty Seven! I can’t believe I’ll be 28 this year. Most of the time I still feel like I’m 25 for some reason.
- What was the last book you read? I am actually re-reading The Help. I loved that book so much and I love any literature grounded in the South, especially around or during the Civil Rights Movement. It’s my favorite time period to read about, fiction or non-fiction!
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I DO NOT like doing the dishes, but only if there are a ton of them. We have this habit of not doing dishes a lot during the week and then Saturday hits and I’m overwhelmed, to say the least! I really enjoy cleaning though, if you can believe it!
- Give us some links- Twitter, Pinterest, Teacher’s Pay Teachers, Facebook, a free teaching item etc.
Instagram: staceythirtyone I love Instagram friends! :)
Freebie: Teacher Post It To Do List http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Teacher-To-Do-Post-It-Freebie
Feature Teacher: Our next feature teacher is Sara
1. Name of blog and link: Polka Dot Kinders
2. Tell us about your blog and why you started it.
I’ve been a blog stalker/follower for a few years and have loved reading posts and learning from this fantastic community. I wanted to be more than a follower though. With some encouragement from my teammates, I decided to take the plunge and become a blogger myself. My blog gives me a chance to “meet” other bloggers and followers along with showing what we are doing in my classroom.
3. Tell us a little about your teaching background. I’ve been teaching kindergarten for 13 years. I’ve taught half day, all day/every other day and now all day/EVERY day kindergarten. My heart truly belongs in the kindergarten classroom. I’m also a pretty techy teacher and love using my classroom iPad and SMARTboard. This year I was a candidate for MN Teacher of the Year and was named a TIES Exceptional Teacher (technology in the classroom award).
4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? I LOVE music…except for most country (sorry!). I heart Black Eye Peas (any song), Justin Timberlake (love his new Suit and Tie), and Beastie Boys (old school). In my kindergarten classroom, we start the day by playing either Will.i.am’s What I Am or Miley Cyrus’ Nobody’s Perfect. I love how these songs start the day on a “We Can Do It!” note.
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
The hardest thing I’ve ever done was become a mom. It is also the most rewarding though. This year is a strange one because I have a kindergartner at home and then I teach them all day. It is weird being on the other side of the conference table.
6. What’s your favorite TV show?
I’m going to break it down by reality show and sitcom. I am a huge Project Runway and Top Chef fan. I’m watching the finale of Top Chef right now. J Non-reality TV speaking, I like How I Met your Mother (Favorite quote: It will be legen-wait for it…and I hope you’re not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is dairy!!-Barney) and Big Bang Theory.
7. Are you a Times New Roman or DJ Inkers kind of girl/guy and why? DJ Inkers all the way. I have been known to be a font snob. I have waaaay too many fonts and sometimes agonize over what font to use for a project. Times New Roman is never used in my room though.
8. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake?
35. I try not to think about the fact that 35 rounds up to 40!
9. What was the last book you read? I love to read. I usually have two books (or sometimes even 3) books going at once. I am listening to The Discovery of Witches and am reading Gone Girl. The last books I finished were The Night Circus and Beautiful Disaster.
10. What chore do you absolutely hate doing? The one that I am avoiding right now is emptying the dryer. Drives my husband insane. There needs to be an invention that magically takes the clothes out of the dryer and puts them in my dresser and closet. If you invent such a thing, contact me and I will pay you top dollar!
11. Give us some links- Twitter, Pinterest, Teacher’s Pay Teachers, Facebook, a free teaching item etc.
Teachers Pay Teachers-http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Sara-Edgar
Free Teaching Item- Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs Class Book. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Cloudy-With-a-Chance-of-Meatballs-Class-Book
If you'd like to be featured, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!