Every Tuesday I feature new bloggers and they share a little about themselves and some freebies with readers. If you would like to be featured, email me at email@example.com!
Today’s blogger is Gretchen from
1. Name of blog and link:
2. Tell us about your blog and why you started it.
Teacher blogs are an amazing resource for professional learning. Not only can you get so many amazing ideas from teacher blogs, but you can take part in a book study and learn about the newest teaching strategies in your classroom. I can remember being a new, young teacher visiting other schools for professional development. I would just take in so much when I went into another teacher’s room. Now we can get a “peek” of fellow teacher’s classrooms in the luxury of our home. I really felt like I HAD to be a part of this amazing new way of learning!
3. Tell us a little about your teaching background.
This is my 10th year of teaching! I started out in first grade for 4 years, looped a group up to second (which was an amazing experience), jumped up to 5th for a couple of years, moved down to kindergarten (which I loved) and now I’m back to second!
4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
“Sweet Home Alabama”
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
Selling my favorite barrel horse last summer. I still miss him!
6. What’s your favorite TV show?
Please don’t laugh… “Pretty Little Liars”! I’m obsessed!
7. What is your favorite item of clothing and why?
My buckle jeans… They are comfy, cute and long enough to ride (horses) in.
8. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake?
33! Well… not exactly. My mother in law is very frugal and reuses candles. Yes, she reuses candles. She buys the kind that have the number and usually doesn’t have the correct numbers for the actual age. Therefore, she ends up making a number sentence with random numbers for the cake! For example, the cake might appear to say 267, but actually its 26 plus 7 equals 33!
9. What was the last book you read? What are you going to read next?
I just re-read for the millionth time, “Reading with Meaning” by Debbie Miller. I don’t know what I’m going to read next, maybe that new Beth Moore book.
10. What was the last thing that you ate that you really shouldn’t of?
Fried okra today at church! So good!
11. Give us some links- Twitter, Pinterest, Teacher’s Pay Teachers, Facebook, a free teaching item etc.
Freebies on fb and tpt
Thanks for stopping by!!