It's been awhile since I've had a teacher to feature on New Teacher Blog Tuesday, but all you have to do is email me!
Today's new teacher is Andrea from
1. Tell us about your blog and why you started it.
I was inspired to start my blog after reading other fabulous teacher blogs out there. I loved that they shared so many of their great ideas and activities. I had fun reading them and I felt like I got to know them as teachers. My hope is to share some activities I use in my classroom and to connect with other teachers.
2. Tell us a little about your teaching background.
In college my major was Business Administration with a minor in Education. Around junior year it hit me. The business field was not for me! I loved all of my education classes and decided I wanted to pursue teaching. It’s funny because when I was little I was asked like most kids, ”What do you want to be when you grow up?” and I always answered with “A teacher!” So I continued to pursue my career in education and have been teaching first grade for 9 years. I was fortunate enough to take over a maternity leave in 2005 and have been in the same classroom ever since! Every day is still an adventure and I love my students!
3. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
*Stronger- Kelly Clarkson
*Beautiful Day- U2
*Don’t Stop Believin’- Journey
*Roar- Katy Perry
4. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
The hardest thing I’ve done was saying goodbye to my family dog after she lost her battle with kidney disease. She was the most caring, loving, brave, and energetic dog! She always made me smile no matter the mood I was in with her silly little antics and loving way. She was a wonderful companion and I think about her everyday.
5. What’s your favorite TV show?
One of my all time favorite shows was Lost. Now I love watching shows like Pretty Little Liars, Glee, Revenge, and The Big Bang Theory (quite a mix!).
6. What is your favorite item of clothing and why?
I have to go with shoes on this! My favorites are my Jack Rogers sandals in the spring & summer and my comfy Uggs in the winter. I also love long necklaces too- not really an item of clothes, but it can dress up an outfit!
7. Number of candles that appeared on your last birthday cake?
31 ugh! A few more months until 32.
8. What was the last book you read? What are you going to read next?
Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and Baby Proof all by Emily Giffin. The next one I’m going to read is, Love the One You’re With.
9. What was the last thing that you ate that you really shouldn’t of?
A large piece of oreo cheesecake! Oops!
10. Give us some links- Twitter, Pinterest, Teacher’s Pay Teachers, Facebook, a free teaching item etc.
Teachers Pay Teachers: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Tricks-Of-The-Trade-In-First-Grade
Teacher’s Notebook: http://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/marchildona
A free teaching item:
Be sure to go by and visit Andrea!